Saturday 21 March 2015

The SG50 Jubilee Hello Kitties!!

OMG. Simply OMG.

A while ago, I saw this appear on my Facebook Newsfeed - as reported by Channel NewsAsia.

Yes, Hello Kitty fans. SCREAM!
(I am not a hard core Kitty fan but I find this set really exquisite and adorable! Not to mention that they are produced EXCLUSIVELY for SG50.)



I was so tempted to get the set, but they are so freakin' expensive. It was so difficult to choose between the kitties to decide on a favorite as well (I had hoped to purchase 1 of them as part of a momento since one is better than nothing)

BUT HECK - These were only available online - and they come together in a set with ONLY 1,000 sets available island-wide!
Urgh.


I actually kinda' gave up on the kitties since the cost of the kitties are way over my budget. (The full set, inclusive of the certificate cost a whooping $100 +!!)

Imagine my surprise one day when...
(Sorry ah, no make-up. I don't see the need to make-up at home.)


I was speechless when I saw them lying neatly on the bed - with a smiling Dokiboy standing beside me. 
OMG. Are they real?!
*gasp*
(My Dokiboy actually went to order one set while I was unaware and surprised me with them.. I had no idea he knew I wanted the kitties!)
I was really touched beyond words.. Not because of the sole fact that I got the kitties, but he actually went the extra mile to get them for me by being the first 1,000 to snag them online once the set was officially launched.)  
I was really touched by his gesture...

*sniff*
Thank you, my dear. 

Personally, this Hello Kitty set is much more valuable than it originally was as it was a gift from him. He doesn't have to, but yet he got the set because he knew I would definitely love them.
I couldn't put a price to it now - They are simply priceless.


When my mum saw the kitties, she was amazed by them, too. Each kitty is so delicately made and of high quality (I LOVE the fact that each of them has a SG50 logo embroidered on their "palms", and there's our National flower, Orchid, as part of its ribbon accessory!)




SO SINGAPORE, CAN?!?! I LOVE IT!!
Yes, and I can't help feeling patriotic.
AND I CAN'T HELP FEELING PROUD THAT I AM NOW ONE OF THE 1,000 PROUD SG50 KITTIES OWNERS IN SINGAPORE! Muwahaha.

The set comes with a certificate, stamp book and lanyard as well. 


THEY LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL IN REAL LIFE THAT I GONNA CRY.
They are now laid neatly above my cupboard. :) Prized possessions!

For those who are tempted to get the set as well, there are still opportunities on Carousell (but people have already marked up the prices).



No comments:

Post a Comment