Friday 24 August 2012

Beware of using the utensils from hotels or restaurants!

I've always wanted to blog this for the longest time.

Alright, I admit - I have a phobia of using plates, bowls, utensils, etc, including those that are found in restaurants, etc.

(Photo in courtesy of Google images)

(I bet you will develop the same phobia after reading this entry!)

I once worked in a 5-star hotel (I am not going to reveal which hotel it is as it's quite well-known) and was completely appalled by what I experienced. 
As plates were needed for a buffet event, one of the staff pushed in a trolley of them to the kitchen before distribution - with CLEAN and DIRTY ones mixed together.

No, I am not kidding.

We were told to pick out the clean ones BASED ON OUR OWN ASSUMPTIONS.
In other words, we actually used our naked eyes to determine whether the plate is dirty or not.
(BUT HELLO - OF COURSE ALL THE PLATES WERE DIRTY. I MEAN, THEY WERE ALREADY MIXED AND STACKED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER TO BEGIN WITH!)

(Photo in courtesy of Google images)

Plates that "look" clean don't mean they indeed are. Bacteria can't be seen anyway!

After splitting what seemed to be clean ones based on the outlook of it, the staff didn't even bother to re-wash them again... 

INSTEAD, THEY JUST WENT AHEAD TO DISTRIBUTE THEM TO VISITORS LIKE YOURSELF.

Not only that, even the glass cups that you drink your orange juice or wine from during wedding dinners might only be partially clean, too.
I know because I was tasked to pick out those glass cups that had lip stick stains on before the occasion begun.

(Photo in courtesy of Google images)



Yes, they don't give a damn about YOUR hygiene.
Their main job is to make their utensils LOOK clean enough for your usage - but you have no idea how  much bacteria and dirt you have consumed together with your food when you use them. 

Well.. I believe this post of mine isn't going to bother you if you are one who doesn't mind using dirty plates. I mean, there ARE indeed people who don't give a damn too. (For example, my dad.)

Whenever I complained about such stuff, he would go "Aiya, won't die anyway!"

Well.. There are things you have to witness or see before you believe.

Just remember to have your wet tissue or whatever to double clean those utensils before you use it. #justsaying

No comments:

Post a Comment